Course Provided by: Becker Professional Education
IMA Competency: Communication Skills, Motivating and Inspiring Others
Advanced Preparation Required: None
Course Level: Basic
Course Prerequisites: None
Tim Gearty is the National Director and Editor-in-Chief for the world’s largest CPA training program, Becker CPA Review. In addition to his editorial leadership, Tim is also Becker's National Lead Instructor, whose taped lectures are seen in over 325 locations throughout the world. Tim is a nationally recognized expert and speaker on a variety of accounting and tax topics, and has appeared as keynote speaker for several Fortune 100 companies as well as many national associations. He has frequently been called upon over the past twenty years to present accounting and tax topics to large groups, organizations, and corporations, accounting firms and in legal proceedings. Tim is a partner in Gearty & McIntyre, LLP, CPA, a firm which has developed a reputation as a specialist in business advisory services, litigation support and forensic accounting. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Public Accountants as well as a trustee of that organization. He holds a BS in Accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University, and both a MBA in Finance and Law Degree (JD) from Seton Hall University. Tim is a member of the New Jersey and American Bar Associations.
This course will be an overview of:
- The steps one must take to lead high-impact conversations
- Situations that call for high-impact conversations
- Why leaders need the skills to engage in high-impact conversations
- Problematic situations and resolutions in which high-impact conversations may be difficult
This course is ideal for all levels of professionals, managers and leaders.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify several reasons why leaders need to engage in high-impact conversations.
- Prepare for high-impact conversations through fact-finding and research.
- Enact the steps necessary to successfully engage in impactful and meaningful conversations.
- Recognize situations in which additional follow-up may be needed.
- Perform the steps necessary to re-engage in conversation to resolve any outstanding issues.