Course Provided by: Becker Professional Education
IMA Competency: Financial Statement Analysis
Advanced Preparation Required: None
Course Level: Basic
Course Prerequisites: None
David Wang is an award-winning professor in both teaching and research who received his Ph.D. from Purdue University. He mainly teaches audit analytics, data mining, IT auditing and accounting information systems. He has been invited by conferences and universities around the world to discuss curriculum design and teaching strategies and is currently listed on the Fulbright Specialist Roster for developing an analytics curriculum for accounting programs. Dr. Wang’s research interests are IT management and information security management. He is currently the 2nd most productive accounting information systems researcher based on Brigham Young University’s accounting researcher ranking and his papers have more than 30,000 full-text downloads from the Science Direct academic network. Dr. Wang actively serves in the professional community as an editor, reviewer and conference/workshop coordinator. He was also the president of the American Accounting Association Midwest Region in 2020, as well as the 2018 KPMG James Marwick Professor in Residence.
This course will be an overview of:
- The basics of financial planning and analysis.
- Techniques in data analytics that can be used for financial planning and analysis.
- Using data analytics techniques for business projections.
- Using data analytics techniques for capital investments.
This course is ideal for anyone who is interested to learn the basics of financial planning and analysis.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the purposes of financial planning and analysis.
- Describe data analytics techniques that can be used for financial planning and analysis.
- Perform financial planning and analysis by using data analytics techniques for business projections.
- Perform financial planning and analysis by using data analytics techniques for capital investments.