Course Provided by: Becker Professional Education
IMA Competency: Financial Statement Analysis
Advanced Preparation Required: None
Course Level: Intermediate
Course Prerequisites: None
Tim Gearty is the National Director and Editor-in-Chief for the world’s largest CPA training program, Becker CPA Review. In addition to his editorial leadership, Tim is also Becker's National Lead Instructor, whose taped lectures are seen in over 325 locations throughout the world. Tim is a nationally recognized expert and speaker on a variety of accounting and tax topics, and has appeared as keynote speaker for several Fortune 100 companies as well as many national associations. He has frequently been called upon over the past twenty years to present accounting and tax topics to large groups, organizations, and corporations, accounting firms and in legal proceedings. Tim is a partner in Gearty & McIntyre, LLP, CPA, a firm which has developed a reputation as a specialist in business advisory services, litigation support and forensic accounting. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Public Accountants as well as a trustee of that organization. He holds a BS in Accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University, and both a MBA in Finance and Law Degree (JD) from Seton Hall University. Tim is a member of the New Jersey and American Bar Associations.
This course will be an overview of:
- Accounting, reporting, and disclosure considerations related to debt and equity financing, leases, other liabilities, and other financing options
- Differences between GAAP and IFRS principles related to financing activities
- Considerations when performing financial statement analysis relating to financing activities
- Implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on financial reporting and financial statement analysis
This course is ideal for anyone who is interested to learn financial statement analysis.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify relative reporting concepts and disclosures related to the analysis of debt and equity financing transactions.
- Analyze implications of debt and equity financing as they relate to a company's financial health.
- Recognize impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on financial reporting and financial statement analysis.