Course Provided by: Becker Professional Education
IMA Competency: Negotiation, Collaboration, Teamwork, and Relationship Management, Communication Skills
Advanced Preparation Required: None
Course Level: Basic
Course Prerequisites: None
This course will be an overview of:
- The definition of negotiations, especially in the context of accounting situations.
- The basics of negotiation skills, including the stages of successful negotiations and the interpersonal skills required to complete negotiations.
- Methods for overcoming objections, counteracting negativity, and reaching consensus during negotiations.
This course is ideal for anyone who is interested to learn the basics of negotiation skills.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define the art of negotiations, especially in the context of common accounting situations.
- Identify the steps in the negotiation process and apply them to business situations.
- Identify the interpersonal skills needed for successful negotiations.
- Recognize how competitiveness can hurt negotiations.
- Name situations that can derail successful negotiations, and methods for counteracting such situations.