5 days, 3 hrs per day.
The AAT is a global qualification with around 130,000 members in over 90 countries. AAT qualifications are universally respected and internationally recognised, and AAT members are represented at every level of the finance and accountancy world with members in senior positions in industrial sectors and those operating on a self -employed.
The AAT is sponsored by the chartered accounting bodies CIPFA, ICAEW, CIMA and ICAS.
The London School of Business & Finance aims to offer a flexible E-learning course to students to help them gain the knowledge and skills necessary for them to attempt the relevant exams of the AAT, should they choose to do so. The core of the preparation programme is pre-recorded lectures with experienced tutors, which are made available to students for their viewing and learning throughout the duration of the course. LSBF provides students with this facility through an online learning platform named Canvas, where all recordings and lecture materials are made available to students.
The purpose of the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (L2) is to offer grounding in the core accounting knowledge and skills needed to progress either to employment or to further study.
The knowledge gained from this qualification is to ensure that students are well prepared to progress into a career in business, finance or professional accounting, or into further education.
The accountancy and finance knowledge developed in this qualification is also the underpinning knowledge needed for the higher-level accountancy and financial skills developed in the AAT Advanced and Professional Accounting Qualifications.
This qualification allows students to advance to the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting which covers more complex tasks and preparation of reports and returns and/or the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting which is the final level of the Qualification where students acquire professional accountancy and financial skills that they are able to apply in the workplace.
- At least a pass at GCE O-Level for 2 subjects, including English and Maths
- Minimum Age: 16 years
There are five mandatory units under this qualification as follows:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Work Effectively in Finance
All of the units within the qualification are mandatory: Four units are assessed individually in end-of-unit assessments, but this qualification also includes a synoptic assessment that students sat towards the end of the qualification. The synoptic assessment draws on and assesses knowledge and understanding from across the qualification.
This Foundation Certificate is useful to those who are working in an entry-level finance role and will offer them development and formal recognition of their skills to help to progress in their career. In addition, this Foundation Certificate is also suitable for those who have just left school and those who have the intention to change their career path into the accounting industry going forward.
1. Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
2. Process customer transactions
3. Process supplier transactions
4. Process receipts and payments
5. Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
1. Understand payment methods
2. Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
3. Use control accounts
4. Use the journal
5. Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
Elements of Costing
1. Understand the cost recording system within an organisation
2. Use cost recording techniques
3. Provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income
Using Accounting Software
1. Set up accounting software
2. Process sales and purchases transactions
3. Process bank and cash transactions
4. Perform period end routine tasks
5. Produce reports
Work Effectively in Finance
1. Understand the finance function within an organisation
2. Use personal skills development in finance
3. Produce work effectively
4. Understand corporate social responsibility (CSR), ethics and sustainability within organisations
HEAR FROM OUR AAT Students
I chose LSBF because I heard about LSBF Singapore from friends who gave positive reviews. The lecturers are very professional and cheerful.
Teo Hwee Leng
LSBF is a Platinum provider which is one of the main reasons why I chose to study ACCA with LSBF Singapore.
Justin Jinyuan Tan
before coming to LSBF, I couldn’t score above a 5 on the IELTS. After two months in LSBF’s English course, I got a score of 6 and was accepted into my degree programme in the U.S.